Please find below a selection of links related to weaving or to the locality that may be interesting to you.
- The Handweavers Studio and Gallery: Based in London, the Handweavers Studio and Gallery is one of the best resources for weavers, spinners and dyers. They offer supplies, advice, courses and have vast experience in all areas of textiles.
- Fibrecrafts: FIBRECRAFTS offer a wide variety of textile equipment, accessories, books, resources and ideas (also papercrafts). The staff are very skilful and helpful. Shopping available online. Based in Surrey, UK
- Syra Larkin: I really admire Syra’s work. She has a unique and beautiful way of interpreting human form and interaction as well as use of colour and shapes.
- Chris Larkin: Chris sadly died recently (August 2018), however, as long as his website is running, you can see what beautiful instruments he has made. He will be sorely missed by so many people.
- The Woolery: This weaving supplies company is based in Kentucky, USA. I had reason to use them for weaving equipment I couldn’t source in the UK or Ireland. They are a team of helpful, knowledgable, kind people and their customer service is second to none. By the way, international shipping costs are not necessarily how they appear on the order form so do explore that aspect further with them.
Textile Artists http://www.textileartist.org
Even though a committed weaver, and so not a stitcher, I find this website not only inspirational in terms of what is out there in the broader textile community, but also their passion and approach to broadening the community of textile artists. Why watch TV or Netflix or any other media when you can see the most exquisite works of art on this site.